What is comb plate for escalator units?
The comb plate is located at both ends of the exit entrance, to facilitate passenger transition and engage with steps, pedals or automatic sidewalk tape. The ends are rounded and shaped to minimize the risk of foot clamping between steps, pedals or tape. The supporting structure shall be adjustable to ensure proper meshing and proper stiffness.
The comb plate is the safety protection device of the elevator. There is a micro switch behind the comb plate.
One side of the comb plate is supported on the front plate and the other side is used as the fixing surface of the comb tooth. Its horizontal Angle < 10 °.The structure of the comb plate shall be adjustable to ensure that the meshing depth of the carding teeth is greater than 6 mm. It can be made of aluminum alloy profiles or thick carbon steel plates.
The comb lamp is a part of an escalator and walkway that gives light from under the foot of the passenger at the exit. Usually set at the end of the skirt board at the entrance and exit. Lighting should be adequate and adequate. The lighting at the comb plate should be consistent with the lighting required in the area. The lighting at the indoor or outdoor escalator and the exit of the automatic sidewalk should be at least 50lx or 15lx respectively.
Installation of comb plate
To ensure the safety of passengers on the escalator, it must be installed at the entrance and exit of the escalator
(1) The front comb plate is an extension of the ground plane and the height cannot be different. The height difference between it and the upper surface of the step pedal should be no more than 80mm.
(2) Comb Plate. One support on the front panel, the other as a comb fixed surface, its horizontal Angle of 40 °or less, the structure of the comb plate is adjustable, in order to guaranty the pedals and comb tooth meshing depth of 6 mm with tape or alveolar knead to a depth of 4 mm or more.
(3) Comb Teeth. Tooth width of 2.5 mm, or end for rounded corners, horizontal Angle of 40 °or less.
(4) The adhesive tape of the automatic sidewalk shall have a groove that meshes with the comb teeth of the comb teeth along the running direction.
(5) The height of the belt groove should not be less than 1.5mm, the depth of the groove should not be less than 5mm, the width of the tooth should not be less than 4.5mm, and it should not be more than 8mm.
(6) The tape should be able to be continuously and automatically tension, and it is not allowed to use stretching spring as tension device.
(7) The vertical net height shall not be less than 2.3m above the escalator, the footstep of the automatic sidewalk or the tape of the automatic sidewalk.