The elevator brake generates two-way electromagnetic thrust when electrified, which makes the brake mechanism separate from the rotating part of the motor. When the power is off, the electromagnetic force disappears. Under the action of the applied brake spring pressure, the friction-type brake of the electric loss brake is formed. It is mainly with escalators traction drive motor on formation of escalator with electromagnetic brake three-phase asynchronous motor, widely used in parking can achieve smooth and rapid start and brake when electricity safety.
Brake is an important safety device of elevator. Its safety and reliability is one of the important factors to ensure the elevator running safety.
The working principle of elevator brake
When the elevator is at rest, no current passes through the coil of the traction motor and the electromagnetic elevator brake. At this time, because there is no attraction between the electromagnetic iron core, the brake pad tightens the brake wheel under the action of brake spring pressure to ensure the motor does not rotate; The moment when the traction motor is electrically rotating, the coil in the brake electromagnet is connected with current at the same time, and the electromagnetic core is magnetized and absorbed rapidly, driving the brake arm to force its brake spring, the brake tile is opened and completely separated from the brake wheel, so that the elevator could be running; When the elevator car stop the required floor, the traction motor loses power, and the coil in the brake electromagnet also lost power , and the magnetic force in the electromagnetic core disappears rapidly. Then the core is reset by the brake arm under the action of the brake spring, make the brake tile hold the brake wheel again and the elevator stops running.
- No more than 1000 m altitude, air relative humidity is not more than 80%, environment temperature + 40 ℃ ~ 15 ℃.
- There is no gas or dust in the surrounding environment that can corrode metal and break insulation.
- Insulation class B, protection class IP55, voltage fluctuation no more than + or – 5%.
- The working mode is S1 continuous working system.
- Working voltage AC220V/DC110V
Function of elevator brake
(1) It can make the elevator in operation stop the car automatically when the power is cut off.
(2) When the elevator stops running, the brake should be able to keep the car at rest and position unchanged under 125% rated load.